Monday, November 17, 2008

Fully Satisfied in the Cross of Christ

"Fully satisfied in the Cross of Christ." I hear those words ringing in my ears this morning. A few weeks before I moved, I was in a service at church with the Banovs and as I walked through the "fire tunnel", Winnie Banov looked at me, put her hand on my head, and said, "Fully satisfied in the Cross of Christ". What a life changing moment for me. It has stuck, but I haven't applied it, if that makes sense.

You know, I walk through my life I think with blinders on my eyes. I believe that I can be fully satisfied in Christ, but I still want this, or this happens and I'm upset. That's not the same thing. The thing I respect about Winnie Banov is that she has such a revelation of the impact of the cross, and she lives her life accordingly. Very few of us really get it the way she does, and it's my prayer today, not just for me, but for everyone I know - that we will be truly, truly, truly FULLY satisfied in the cross of Christ -in it's sacrifice, in the love and provision that it represents.

It sounds so cheesy but sometimes my heart just EXPLODES with the love God has for me, and it is overwhelming. I wonder how I could not be fully satisfied in Him in those moments. I think that the test comes in the dark moments, when we give in to temptation, when we are tested, when things are presented to us that aren't always happy - it is in those moments that we must be reminded of that explosion of love in our hearts. Our full satisfaction is not in those things we give into, in our loved ones being well and whole, in our spouse or potential spouse, in our children, in our finances, and the list goes on and on. His love is extravagant, and it's enough. Oh to be fully satisfied in His cross... how amazing. Help us to get it, Lord.

No comments: